Gundersen Health System in La Crosse, WI is seeking a palliative care physician to join our innovative inpatient and outpatient palliative care service. Candidates must be board certified in their primary specialty and board eligible/certified in hospice and palliative medicine. Primary care focus and experience in geriatrics are desired, but no required.
• Palliative care at Gundersen consist of three closely linked services: an upstream outpatient palliative care clinic, the 24/7 inpatient service and a hospital owned hospice
• The service provides symptom control expertise, decisional support and comprehensive care for patients with advanced disease
• The comprehensive service is currently staffed by four board certified hospice and palliative medicine physicians an four board certified hospice and palliative medicine associate staff members
• Service provides 24/7 continuum coverage (night coverage is provided by the hospitalist service)
• Average inpatient census is 10 to 15, including inpatient hospice patients and the opportunity to take primary on patients with a comfort focus • Our palliative care team is supported throughout the system by a strong multidisciplinary team including spiritual care, social services, care coordinator, nursing staff and more
Submit your CV today to Kalah Haug, Medical Staff Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org (608-775-1005 for more information) or apply on-line at www.gundersenhealth.org/MedCareers
Gundersen Health System serves residents of western Wisconsin, southeastern Minnesota and northeastern Iowa. Our healthcare system is anchored by one of the largest multi-specialty group practices and a teaching hospital with Level II Trauma Center. La Crosse is a historic, vibrant city nestled between bluffs and the legendary Mississippi River. La Crosse boasts some of the best outdoor recreation..., excellent schools including three universities, affordable housing in safe neighborhoods, an endless variety of live entertainment and breathtaking beauty, making this a great place to call home.